Saturday, March 22, 2008

Superior immune system, bunnies, and basketball

Itchy has always told me that his immune system is superior to mine. He was wrong. He is still sick and I am better. I don't feel sick at all. I had a headache that made me want to kill people this morning but a handful of Advil took care of that. Itchy is still feeling yucky. I have the superior immune system this time!

I talked to Sunshine today. I scared her with my knowledge of the Pagans. Did you all know that the reason we have an Easter bunny is because of the Pagans? Pagans have a festival for their goddesses Oestre (spelling varies depending on your source, it's pronounced much like Easter) on the vernal equinox. Oestre's favorite animal was the rabbit (or hare). The Pagan festival coincides with the timing of Easter. The Christian's 'borrowed' the rabbit as a symbol of their holiday. Just as they derived the name of their holiday. There you go Sunshine, a more thorough explanation. I just couldn't text all of that to you.

Not much going on. We've got rainy and cold weather. Itchy is still sick. Nothing on the island is open except the churches. So we sit here watching the Big Dance. March Madness. I am part of a bracket thingy for the very first time. I'll let you know if I win. It's unlikely, but anything can happen.

No comments: