Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sorry Cuddles

I feel really bad. Really I do. I'm so sorry. But I'm sure that your new home with new owners will be nice. I'll do my best to advocate for a great new home for you.

See the thing is, Itchy and I forgot his birthday. Again. For the 5th straight year. He's 5. Yes, we have forgotten Every Single One of his birthdays. I'm pretty sure that at this point a representative from CATIO* is going to come and rescue him. There will probably be a lawsuit. I'll be obligated to pay for his legal fees, the cost of finding a new home (including his moving fees), once a week therapy for 6 months, and a hefty fee for my own ignorance.

Now, in my defense, he did come from a shelter. They just guessed on how old he was. We arbitrarily picked March 1st based on the shelter's guess at age. They should take some of the blame. Maybe they should have guessed better.

If we are lucky and Cuddles does not file a grievance with CATIO against us, we have a new contract for him to look over. With any luck, he'll sign it and forgive us. The new contract includes 1.)total forgiveness (we basically forget that this ever happened), 2.) his birthday will be changed to St. Patrick's Day (he has lovely green eyes and let's face it, he is a drunk), 3.) we will do our best not to forget, 4.) he will get a special treat on his birthday.

I'll let you know how it goes.

*Cats Against Terribly Ignorant Owners

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have received the greivance that cuddles has filed....we will be investigating the situation. Poor cuddles HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM YOUR AUNT and COUSINS!!!

Lori said...

Cuddles appreciates your kind thoughts. He made me type that.