Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm sure we paid that bill

So our gas went out. As I was making dinner. Wouldn't have been a problem if we had an electric stove. We don't though, so it made cooking interesting. It's not easy to brown hamburger in a microwave.

I'm certain that we paid the bill. I remember standing in line. They wouldn't just cut us off with no warning, would they? I'm pretty sure this is Careless's (landlord) fault. She probably forgot to call and get the tanks filled up. Yeah, we have tanks (look like giant propane tanks) outside that have to be filled by the lazy people at the electricity company. It's her job to call them. We pay for the gas we use but she is responsible for making sure they are filled.

Actually, I think we pay for the gas that she uses as well. We get screwed on the electricity bill so why wouldn't we pay her portion of the gas bill? I mean really, how is it that our electricity bill is higher than our neighbor's (it's the same house, the lower level is split into 2 apartments)? Their apartment is much bigger than ours, they run their air conditioners just as much as we do (but they have 2 of them- one in each bedroom, we only have 1), and they leave lights on all day long (we don't, we built a screen door to let light in and to get a breeze). My theory is that we are paying for the landlady's outdoor lights and the electricity used by the washer and dryer (that are used by everyone and is suppose to be included in our rent).

Really though, if the gas isn't back on tomorrow, I guess I won't be able to cook.

No comments: