Sunday, March 16, 2008

How is the weekend over already?

This will have to be short. I am sunburned. It hurts to move my arms. My shoulders got the worst of it. So know that every word I type is causing me pain.

How hard is it to make a decent Alfredo sauce? I make a pretty good one (and it's low fat). I know my mom and sisters can make a really good one. The restaurants on the island need a new recipe. Their's suck. It was really disappointing.

Itchy and I got new beach toys. Body boards. Read about last week's beach fun here. We took them to the beach. There were basically no waves. What are the odds on that? Seriously. Still it was a day at the beach, so can't really complain. I love the water. I can't really swim but I love to play in the water. Pools are not my friend but the ocean? It's great.

Football was really boring. Itchy's team bet the other team 1,456, 346 to 14. After the first 2 touchdowns, it was just boring. My duties as Assistant to the Equipment Manager were called upon today. A girl on the losing team fell (she tripped herself, so yeah, that's how good they are). She cut her knee. I offered the first aid kit. She accepted (most people don't). I had to run across 2 fields and back to get it for her. But I think this is the first time that the first aid kit has actually helped someone.

After the games were over, I picked up a ton of garbage from the fields. Most of it was not from us. Itchy has sent out emails reminding people that he and I do not like to pick up after them. If you brought it there, take it with you when you leave. It was from locals. It's gross. Litter really bothers me. It's bad enough that we can't recycle anything down here, but do you have to just leave it there? You can't bring it with you to throw away at home?

I need aloe now.

No comments: