Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Is it any wonder?

Why can't I make microwave microwave popcorn? I burn it Every.Single.Time. It's awful. Only half the bag ever pops and then half of what did pop is burnt. That leaves me with about a 1/4 of the bag. Which is all I need, but man, what if Itchy wanted some?

It's not like I can't cook either. I can make a lasagna that is so good that even people who don't like lasagna want my recipe (it's a family secret that I can't share). I'm even working on a white lasagna recipe that has had some very tasty results thus far. I've got an idea for a cheesecake that makes my mouth freaking water. My turkey burgers are delicious. So are my BBQ chicken sandwiches. Don't even get me started on the enchiladas. Point is, I can cook.

I wanted a snack this evening. I skipped lunch. I was still hungry. Options are limited. Apple or popcorn? I'm think about making apple crisp tomorrow, so I went for the popcorn.

I burned it. I hate that smell. I have 2 candles burning now (strawberry and cupcake, mmm!). For what it's worth, the 1/2 cup of popcorn that I did have was really good.

No comments: