Monday, February 25, 2008

Remember the auction?

Itchy and I went to an auction a few weeks ago. I wrote about it. Go back and read about it if you haven't already or simply can't remember.

Anyway, Itchy and I won a door prize at that auction. Most of it was not useful but we did receive a gift card for Subway. We were excited about it. Well, Itchy was. I have issues with Subway. But I'll eat there if I it means I don't have to cook.

We decided that we would go use our gift card tonight. We walk there amongst a group of stupid and annoying Kittitian high school students (what they were doing at school at 7 pm is beyond me, but it was probably not good). When we get there, we are the only ones there. Thank goodness (this ties in with my issues). But being the only ones there means that we can't even see any employees, we can hear them though. Itchy makes noise to get their attention. A not-so-happy employee comes out to help. We place our orders. The options are limited. They only have 2 kinds of bread. They only have one kind of cheese. The lettuce looks wilted. The black olives look more brown than black. The tomatoes look a little less than ripe, but still edible. I saw no green peppers. Whatever. We can deal with that. We just picked what looked ok.

We wait at the cash register to pay. Itchy tries to hand her the gift card. She says no. Itchy asks if they take gift cards. She says I don't think so. She yells to another employee who confirms this and she tells Itchy no. Good thing we brought money with us!

So we won a gift card that we can't even use until one of us goes back to the states. What a great prize!

No comments: