Monday, February 25, 2008

Break

It is the last day of mid-semester break. Itchy's school gives the students a 3 day weekend about half way through the semester. Since Itchy only has school for half the day on Mondays anyway, this didn't really seem like a long weekend. Add to that, that he has to do homework and it's really just another weekend.

We did what we do every mid-semester break. We make plans and then decide we really don't want to/can't afford it. Our first attempt to make plans for this weekend was to go to a different island. A local airline had a 2-for-1 special. So the tickets were really cheap, but the taxes and surcharges were really expensive. Ok, we can't afford that. Never mind, we'll just stay here. We made other plans. We were going to go to the beach on Sunday and then climb the crater on Monday.

We stayed out much too late on Friday night. It's our fault. We should have just taken our car. It was fun though, for the most part. There was one person with us that I get really tired of really quickly and he was no exception on Friday night. No, it was not Itchy. I *like* hanging out with him. Anyway, we got really tired and had no way to leave on our own. We were people watching for the most part. Just watching most of those people at the bar gave me the "Eye KIV". Yes, my eyes got an STD just from watching those people. I'm not going to get into the details here because you imagine for yourself.

Saturday we slept in late. I love sleeping in. I'm also really good at it. We went to IGA and Rams. There are no child labor laws here, so we had a 7 year old bagging our groceries. Ok kid, I appreciate the effort, but seriously, could you go any slower? Please just let me help. I used to live in America. We bag our own groceries there all the time.

We did go to the beach on Sunday. Good old Cockleshell beach. It wasn't that hot out, but it was mostly sunny. I had a very scary snorkeling moment. There wasn't much going on in the water, a few blue fish, an angelfish, and lots of starfish. Then I spotted Spongebob. Who knew that the pineapple was here at Cockleshell beach? It made me laugh. I looked up to make sure that there weren't any boats coming or going and that's when it happened. I saw a sea snake. It was swimming on top of the water and then dove down. I hate snakes. Really hate them (the absolute biggest fear that I have is a snake in a cage). I looked down to make sure that it was swimming away and there it was, touching my leg. I had a mini-panic attack and swam as fast as I could back to shore. Terrifying. I was done with the ocean after that. We left soon after. We were nearly in a car accident on our way home (that's for another post though).

Now, we were going to go climb the crater today. We talked about it last night and decided not to because we'd have to get up early. We would just hike up to the bat cave instead! But this morning we decided that we probably shouldn't. Itchy has a sore back and I have a sunburn. Besides, Itchy has homework. Maybe we'll climb the crater next semester.

No comments: