Monday, February 11, 2008

How do you pay your bills?

I know, I know. You have jobs. You work in exchange for a paycheck. You then use that paycheck to pay bills. That's not what I'm asking. Do you mail your payments? Transfer funds online?

I used to. I'd pay what I could online (pretty much everything) and then mail my rent. It was easy. It was fast. I miss it.

Here on the island, we can't mail our payments. They don't understand online payments. We have to stand in line. Itchy and I went to pay our electricity and internet bill today. We had to stand in line for about 20 minutes at each place. It's annoying. It's hot. It smells (the locals don't shower often/at all, they must save a fortune on their water bills). Did I mention that the electricity building is located RIGHT next to the Chicken Outlet? You can only imagine the smells that come out of there.

So it's not a huge deal. But it is one of the things that I took for granted before I got here. Paying bills is no fun no matter where you are, but consider how easy you have it the next time you pay a bill online.

No comments: