Saturday, April 5, 2008

Welcome to the 80's

Itchy and I have gone back in time. We're currently living without a remote control for the cable box. Gasp! I know, I know. Who even has a cable box these days? It's like 1985 all over again.

Maybe I am just unaware of how these things work, but really, who has a cable box? I guess things like TiVo and Direct Tv have boxes but those are DVRs. Not the same thing. Regular cable shouldn't have boxes anymore. It's just suppose to be a cord from the TV to the wall. Not a cord from the wall to the box and then another cord from the box to the TV. It's just messy and ugly. Who wants extra cords? Since they do nothing but get tangled I don't.

Did I mention that we have to pay extra for this cable box? Our cable is included in our rent. When we moved in we did not need a cable box. Then one day we were informed that we would need a cable box. Our rent would be going up to cover the cost of the cable box. Great. We do not get extra channels. It does not improve the quality of our picture. It does nothing when it's raining as the cable still goes out. What exactly are we paying for?

To top it off, the remote broke. This is annoying. We have to get up (well almost, the chairs are pretty close to the TV) to change the channel. I don't care if this makes me sound lazy. You try not using your remote for a few days and we'll see how you like it.

No comments: