Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thin walls

Our walls may be made of hurricane proof concrete, but they sure as hell don't block out sound. We live on a busy street. The constant sounds of speeding cars and annoying children walking to and from school is our background noise. It does get annoying and I often wish that we lived in a more tranquil area. We don't though and we aren't going to be moving. I guess I'll have to deal with it.

This evening I was really wishing that our walls were a little thicker. Our landlady is apparently a teacher. She works about 3 blocks from our house at one of the schools (why she needs 3 cars is beyond me). I don't know if she is a good teacher or not. If her children are any indication, I'd have to say that she isn't very good. Anyway, this evening one of her students and the student's father came to our house, parked in our driveway (totally blocked us in) and proceeded to scream at our landlady. Then she would scream back. I couldn't catch all of what was being said but I still heard too much. The details aren't important.

I really don't think living in the same building as your landlord is a good idea. I prefer to mail my rent check and have no contact.

No comments: