Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Name your price

I finally won something! OK, not really. I needed to find a rental car and a hotel for my upcoming trip. I looked at my options and things were looking pricey. Why does everything have to be so damn expensive? I don't need a fancy hotel. My only requirement is that it is clean. Well, as clean as a hotel can be. A pool is of no use to me. A free breakfast would be great, but if all you're putting out there is stale muffins and watered down juice I'll pass.

Itchy suggested that I try Priceline. It seems like a good idea. You name a price that you are willing to pay and they try to find something that works. My first and second offers were rejected. Unbelievable. No one wants to give me a room for $30 a night? Ok, fine how about $10? Nothing. My third offer was accepted. I feel like I won something. I have to pay for it so it's not like winning at all.

So now I have a place to sleep. I'm looking for cheapo rental cars next. I'm also starting to think that flying that first part of my return trip will be cheaper than having someone drive me. I'm looking at all sorts of options. Good times, I tell ya.

No comments: