Thursday, April 17, 2008

I was posioned

Yep, you read that right. I was poisoned yesterday. I nearly died. It wasn't food poisoning this time (thankfully we didn't go to Ginger House). This time it was the sun. The freaking sun poisoned me. It was extra strong yesterday. Even Itchy got burned.

Yesterday Itchy and I went to the beach. It was an end of the semester celebration. It was a beautiful day. Our friends met us there. We were having fun. There was drinking, swimming, and lots of laughs. Good times. At the end of the day we packed it up and headed home.

I had, perhaps, one too many drinks. I felt a little drunk. I slept on the ride home. We made it almost all the way home and then I threw up. Ugh. I hate throwing up. It's awful. I took a quick shower and felt better. I was tired but felt ok. I slept for an hour. Itchy and I were going to meet with our friends for dinner. Itchy woke me up and I was really, really tired. I told him he should go without me. He didn't want to do that. He was tired too. He was also starving. We decided to eat at home. About the time we made that decision, I started to feel like crap.

I was nauseous. Really nauseous. I thought it was either from the alcohol or the lack of food. I hadn't really eaten anything all day, just a granola bar for breakfast. I tried to eat a few crackers. Yeah, that didn't work. I'll spare you the details, because it's gross, but I couldn't keep anything down. Not even water. Who can't keep water down? Oh yeah, that was me. I had horrible muscle cramps, a terrible headache, and Itchy claims that I was hallucinating. Everything hurt. I had a fever but was freezing.

Itchy was so good about it though. He tried everything to make me feel better. Nothing was helping though. I finally gave up. I just couldn't take it anymore. I went to bed. I hardly slept at all. By 2 am I was contemplating going to the hospital. I wanted an IV. If it didn't hurt so much to speak, I would have woken Itchy up. But it did so I just laid there. I finally fell asleep at like 3 am. I woke up a little while later and was able to drink some water. I got better from there.

Today, with the help of my good friend Tylenol, I am feeling better. My legs still hurt from all the cramping. The sunburn is terrible. I have blisters on my nose. SPF 45 my ass. I think my sunblock expired. It will be replaced.

No comments: