Friday, October 23, 2009

Stowa

Look kid, it's time to talk. It's been real fun and all, but this needs to come to an end soon. It's true your parents are slackers and we really aren't "ready" for you but we'll figure it out. We always do. You need to get accustomed to this anyway. We wing it a lot. You'll see.

The thing is you need to make your debut in the next 3 weeks. It's really your dad's fault. He is the one with the wacky schedule. He's starting a new rotation on Monday. He'll be on that rotation for 3 weeks. This would be an ideal time for you to arrive. He won't have a ridiculously insane schedule. He'll most likely be able to get time off and be there for your delivery. Not to mention that he won't have to go in early (and by early I mean before 6 am) and he'll be home at a reasonable time. It's more like a regular 9-5 job (and by 9-5 I mean 7-7).

The rotation that he starts after that won't be as flexible. It's a lot more demanding. It will require him to have weird hours. Odds are he'll be getting called in at all hours of the night. He could be in surgery when you decide to arrive therefore causing him to miss out on all that fun. Now surely you don't want your dad to miss this, do you? I didn't think so.

I'm not even going to mention how *uncomfortable* I am. I will once again remind you that the longer you wait, the harder you will have to fight with the cats to reclaim what was suppose to be yours. Patches will fight dirty. I'm not saying she won't share, but (she might not) you'll have to wait your turn.

I'm not above bribes. Name your price and we'll talk. I'm sure we can strike a deal.

2 comments:

A's Mom said...

Trust me - bribing at this stage does no good at all. I've tried it.

Lori said...

Don't tell me that! Bribery is all I have!