Thursday, October 22, 2009

Is this wrong?

So I had to buy Cuddles a new bed the other day. Well, make that another bed. The new bed certainly isn't going to replace the old bed. Anyway, he's been spending a lot of time in his bed lately, and since it's in the bedroom, it means that he's spending a lot of time alone. Which makes me sad. He usually hangs out with me. I thought that having a new bed that would stay in the living room would solve this problem. It worked pretty well. He really likes his new bed. He's been hanging out in the living room with me again.

Now the problem is that I feel bad that Patches didn't get a new bed. She doesn't have a bed at all. Sure she has the cat tree. And a pile of blankets on the love seat (which let's face it, belongs to the cats). But she has no dedicated bed of her own. She's never really shown an interest in having one. She's usually pretty content with sleeping on the floor, my neck, my bed, a pile of paper on the floor, or any old cardboard box that she can fit into.

But now that Cuddles has a new bed and Stowa's stuff has been filtering in, she's taken a sudden interest in their stuff. As seen here:
She's been sleeping in the bouncy chair since it was put together. I can't blame her, it does look awfully comfy. And she fits in it pretty well. Part of me thinks that I shouldn't let her sit in it. But then I can't come up with a single valid reason why she shouldn't sit in it. But what about when the baby gets here? I may occasionally want to put the baby in the bouncy chair. But Patches looks so cute sitting there and I feel bad kicking her out. I don't want her to resent the baby.

So I'm thinking about buying another chair. For my cat.

No comments: