Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm in for it now

So I had my first appointment with the doctor that is suppose to deliver Stowa today. As you may remember, I was going to a NP at the PPC up until two weeks ago. I was routinely transferred to the OB because I'm 37 weeks pregnant. Stowa is technically considered full term at this point. She can come at any time now. If she waits for another 5 weeks she's never going to be able to get Patches off of her stuff. It'll be round after round of baby vs. cat for the bouncy chair! Maybe we can get people to place bets on it?

Anyway, I didn't get to choose my new doctor because of stupid insurance issues. When I found out who I had been assigned to I Googled her. Turns out most of her patients haven't liked her. Most of the reviews said that she didn't have the best bedside manner. For the most part the reviews are dead on. She doesn't seem to have much personality. Whatever. The appointment was fast with little to no chit chat. I can handle that.

Everything with Stowa is fine. Still growing as she should be, heartrate was good, and she is still head down. I apparently am fine as well.

However, I did get the H1N1 vaccine today. According to many, many people I shall come down with some terrible disease at any minute. Wait, this might be it right now. Nope, false alarm. Turns out it was just more heartburn. Whew! I am officially part of the "government de-population program" now. I've always wanted to be a part of a conspiracy theory! It's so exciting. I really wish that there was a universal sarcasm font. It would be oh so appropriate for this.

No comments: