Monday, October 5, 2009

For Pete's sake, another one

Yes I had ANOTHER appointment yesterday. I wish I could just call it in. I'm pretty sure that I can take my own blood pressure. I can also tell them that yes, I do have mild swelling. I could have taken the "signs of labor quiz" over the phone (I passed the quiz by the way, Itchy totally failed when I asked him the same questions last night). The only thing I really needed to be there for was the flu shot I got, but honestly, it would have been easier to just walk over to Walgreens. I think I start my weekly appointments now. This was also my last appointment at the PPC. I'm being transferred to the OB that is suppose to deliver Stowa. Don't worry, it's not because there is anything wrong. It's just the policy at the PPC. Preggos get transferred at 36 weeks. Which is next week for me. No one needs to start calling to ask if I'm in labor.

Anyway, I've got pictures for you. Nothing all that exciting, but it's better than me just bitching about my heartburn (have I told you how bad it's been lately? It's terrible!).

Here is Stowa's dresser. It's a re-purposed entertainment center. Itchy and I bought it off of Craig's list (it came with our living room furniture) when we first moved here. We later bought a TV that was way too big to fit inside of the entertainment center. Since it was just sitting around, I thought we'd make it useful.
Obviously, I've got some folding to do. My organization skills are sub par. Not to mention that I haven't actually taken tags off or washed any of her stuff. I had a "what if Stowa is a boy" moment a few weeks ago and haven't yet been able to cut tags off.
I told you Stowa had a place to sleep. I know it may not look like the tent is on there very securely, but it is. Besides the cats have not shown any interest in it at all (despite the fact that Patches is in the picture with the Pack N Play and the dresser).
This is one of the blankets that I made for Stowa. I haven't taken pictures of the other two yet.

Sorry, Blogger won't let me rotate the picture. But since the little birds are facing every which way, it doesn't really matter.
That's pretty much it. I'm working my way down the "To Do" list. Since I'm at a point where it involves making phone calls and having to interact with people, I'm doing my best to put it off. I don't feel like talking to stupid people at this point. I also hate making phone calls. Email is so much easier. Did I mention that involves insurance? I hate dealing with insurance. It's stupid and no one ever gives me a straight answer.

2 comments:

A's Mom said...

Still can't believe that you're already 36 weeks. I'm sure it hasn't gone fast for you. Glad to see that your nesting phase has begun.

Lori said...

Surprisingly it has gone by really quickly. The days seem long but the weeks are flying by, if that makes any sense.

I'm not so sure that the nesting phase has kicked in. It's more like I'm forcing myself to get this stuff done.