Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Unbelievable

Why Itchy? Why?

We had a deal. We were eating too many sweets. We decided to cut way back on them. You promised that you wouldn't eat the crap at the bake sales*. Unless they had broccoli. We agreed that you could eat as much broccoli as you wanted. So why did you have a brownie today? More importantly, why didn't you bring one home for me? I mean really, if you were going to cheat than I should have at least had the option. Isn't that common knowledge at this point? In case you didn't know, I have a sweet tooth. I crave chocolate all the time. It isn't cool when you come home and tell me that you had a brownie. It's worse when you keep making excuses. I don't care if it was free. I doubt that "it wasn't that good". Just bring home half of the god damn thing!

Oh and we had plans for Saturday. Don't tell me that we can spend the day at the beach if what you mean is that you need to check with your football team first. I don't care if you have practice. You guys need to practice. You agreed to go to practice at 4:30, not 3:00. Leaving the beach at 2:00 is a lot different than leaving at 3:30. That's an hour and a half of beachy fun. And since we probably won't leave for the beach until at least 11, that hour and a half totally counts. You made plans with me first. So what if you told everyone that if they don't show up they shouldn't get to play. Do you really think that anyone else thinks that? Or would actually enforce that? They didn't even take Droppy McDropstheball out of the last game. I know you don't have control over what other people do. I understand that it was a voting situation. Here's the thing, you could have said 7 simple words. "I can not be there until 4". You have control over what YOU do. Football doesn't have to come first.

Of course, if it's raining on Saturday it won't even matter. Let's hope it rains. It'll just be easier. You won't have to check your phone every 20 minutes to see if it's time to leave. You won't have to pretend that you aren't thinking solely about football.

You fail at promises Itchy. Double fail.

*Itchy's school has an unbelievable amount of bake sales. They have 2,385,344 different clubs and whatnot. They all have bake sales to raise money. It's a bit ridiculous.

No comments: