Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday syndrome strikes again

For pete's sake. What the hell is up with Monday? I feel like I should have just stayed in bed today. The whole day has just been frustrating. Actually, it's been the whole last week. This is going to be a long, vent-filled post.

Let's start with last Tuesday. Itchy and I went out to eat with a group of friends. Not a huge group, but it did break our rule about eating out with a group of more than 4. We always get screwed over. Apparently, it's not cool to get separate checks. And if some of them had their way, we would have just split the bill evenly at the end. Great, so I get to chip in for their wine, steaks, and desserts while I sit there eating cold chicken, drinking water (which I couldn't get a refill of to save my life), and wishing I wasn't such a fat ass so that I could have dessert too. Now this time, they didn't even suggest that, so maybe they know that it's not really fair. Itchy and I only had to pay for our meals but the extra tax from their pricey meals, drinks, and desserts was still split up evenly amongst us. It's not a huge deal, but I'd really rather not pay extra. Just give me a separate bill. That's all I'm asking for.

Either way, the service was shitty. My Asian chicken was served room temperature. At first I thought it was suppose to be served cold, but it wasn't cold. It wasn't hot either. It was the precise temperature of food that has sat on the counter for the last 45 minutes. No one would refill my water glass either. The people we were with were getting on my nerves as well. They bitched about everything, but if Itchy or I said anything (room temperature chicken, no water, etc) they jumped on us saying that the only restaurant that we like is "Lori's cooking". Yeah, I can cook. Nope, I'm not inviting any of them over.

Wednesday we need to run to the grocery store. We have little to no food. Itchy goes to get his credit card. He can't find it. We look everywhere. Can't find it. Spend the next four hours looking for it. Still can't find it. This after Itchy has hundreds of dollars stolen from him during his flight back to the island not even a week ago. Money that was suppose to be for me to take back with me during my vacation, so that I could actually do stuff. Now we have a missing credit card. And having to deal with telling Itchy's parents he lost yet another credit card (4th one in 4 years). It's crap.

Then we had the Semester Olympics this weekend. It's suppose to be fun. Soccer on Thursday, football on Friday, Ultimate Frisbee on Saturday, and then Volleyball on Sunday. I got bit up like crazy by fire ants at soccer (Itchy's team got 3rd place). Itchy's team lost badly on Friday in the first round, so the rest of the night was blah. But some of the other teams were bitching about EVERY SINGLE call made by the refs, so I was annoyed by that. I just don't understand why people can't just act like adults. Shut up and let the refs do the refereeing.

Then on Saturday, Itchy's team did really well (3rd again) so we were outside all day. I got freaking sunburned again. But with a UV rating of 12 out of 16, I guess it's no surprise. I'm immune to sunscreen at this point. It sucks. No poisoning this time though, so that's good. But still, ouchy sunburns aren't fun. On Saturday night we are suppose to go to a BBQ (with the people we went out to eat with). But we are tired, burnt, and starving. I just want to veg out as does Itchy. He calls them and tells them we will stop by later but we need to veg out first. I also have a feeling that this BBQ is going to cost us money that I'd rather not spend, so eating at home is for the best. Well, we go to the BBQ later and everyone leaves as we get there. Whatever. We stay and watch a movie with Shots and the Most Annoying Person (we'll call him map). We are told that the people hosting this BBQ spent a thousand dollars on the food and alcohol. Everyone was suppose to chip in to cover this cost. Since we ate at home, we are NOT chipping in. But OMG, who does that? They could at least tell us up front that we'd be expected to pay $60 a person. And maybe ask what we would like. Sorry, but Itchy and I are picky eaters. We try to eat healthy. So those hot dogs, mayo based macaroni salad, fruit covered in stuff, and bags of chips aren't exactly what we want to pay $60 (each) on. I know we'll hear about it. They planned on us being there, the price was based on us being there, we got that for you, etc. Give me break. Not all of us have that much to spend on ONE meal. Why did you spend that much in the first place? How about next time you just tell people what to bring? Whatever. The movie would have been better if Map hadn't been there. He just gets on my nerves. Every time he talks I shudder. It's like jabbing knives in my ears. Also, he breathes really loudly. So even when he isn't talking, I can hear his breathing.

Let's see, that brings us to Sunday. We are obligated to go to Volleyball. Itchy doesn't play, but since class participation counts we have to go. I woke up Sunday morning with a very swollen face. From what you ask. I have no idea. Tylenol didn't help, Benedryl didn't help, ice didn't help. It took actual effort to keep my right eye open. That along with the sunburn made me feel like crap. We left early. Itchy's semester got 1st place though.

Then today happened. I got to sleep in which was good. I've been really tired lately. After I got up, I started laundry. Then I had to go deal with my VISA extension. It's such a pain in the ass. I hate dealing with it. It makes me hate this island and the people here so much. I had to print out my itinerary for my upcoming trip. That's when I realized that there was a mistake. My return trip is scheduled for 2 days after my flight there. It's suppose to be 2 WEEKS after. Ugh, now there are fees involved to fix it. Then having to fill out the extension forms and having the most unhelpful idiots telling me what to do. Last time they wanted us to fill out stuff with these standard responses. We weren't suppose to use our own answers. This time she got all pissy that I asked what the government was looking for as the correct answer. It's all such a mess. And because they didn't keep my passport, I have to go back next week.

Got home from that to do more laundry. The landlady's kid steals the dryer from me so it's taking twice as long as it should. He's in such a hurry to get his laundry done that he dumps my stuff out (mostly dry) to get his in there. Fine. Whatever. But really, you know I have stuff in the washer (the lid was open- so unless the machine did that, it was him), so could you at least get your stuff when it's done. Nope. I had to get their clothes out of the dryer, fold them (they don't leave a laundry basket in there), so that I could get my stuff dry.

So that's how my week has gone. It's been a very expensive week. I'm ready for it to be over. I need our luck to change.

No comments: