Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What a waste!

I'm wasting an airline ticket tomorrow! Yeah for hundreds of dollars being just thrown away! I wish I could do it more often. Maybe I will. I'll just keep booking flights and then not taking them. yes, this sounds like a fine idea.

See, I have a flight booked for May 21st (tomorrow). I can't actually leave tomorrow since I'm leaving in July. I called to get my ticket changed but American Airlines sucks. Apparently, the ticket is only good until October. I need it in April 2009. It's nonrefundable and nontransferable. I get nothing for canceling it. It'll cost at least $400 to make any changes (fares have gone up).

I have a flight booked in July. I thought about changing tomorrow's flight to July, the ticket in July to April, and then getting the correct date for the return ticket in August. But if it's $400 for one ticket change, than it'll probably be over $1200 for three tickets. For $1200, I can just book a brand new flight. Which is what I will be doing. Bastards.

Of course, I can't even talk to anyone from American Airlines. The number to call if you are calling from the West Indies does NOT work. Any other number requires a credit card because they are not toll free unless you are calling from that location. Umm, international call rates (that they don't specify) are not a cheap. So no, you can't have my credit card number. How about you get a number that IS toll free for your loyal customers stuck in the West Indies. Oh and stop answering my emails with an email that I need to call you. I CAN'T! That's the whole point. Can you stop being idiots and do something helpful? Please?

In addition to this crap, I still haven't heard anything about my VISA renewal. The oh so unhelpful people taking care of that should have gotten back to me by now. The stupid thing expires next week. I turned it in on time. So what's the hold up?

No comments: