Thursday, May 1, 2008

Please excuse the typos

I've apparently had a stroke of some sort. My hands will not do what my brain is asking them to do. Perhaps they are just upset with one another? I'm not sure, but this whole dropping everything is getting old. Today while doing laundry, I dropped the laundry basket.

Now, dropping the laundry basket isn't that big of a deal. Usually. But I dropped it outside. Our yard is not clean. There are EIGHT dogs in our back yard. That have no manners at all. They are dirty. Let's just say that it isn't the kind of backyard that you'd go barefoot in. You know, unless you want to catch a disease.

As if dropping the laundry basket in the gross backyard wasn't bad enough, it was full of laundry. Clean laundry. The damn thing couldn't land right side up either. Ugh. I was thisclose to crying. My clean clothes were all over the back patio. The dogs were touching them. One of the dogs ran off with my sock. Bastard dogs. I really don't like laundry to begin with so having to redo laundry really ticked me off.

I think laundry is my least favorite chore. No, you know what, it is my least favorite. It's just so unrewarding. Cooking is obvious, you get to eat. Cleaning, well, a nice clean apartment makes me happy. But laundry, no thanks. There's always more. It's never ending.

I keep telling myself that once Itchy and I live in a real place (as opposed to this imaginary island, right?) that we will have our own washer and dryer. Maybe even a clothes line. Laundry will be easier when we have our own washer and dryer. I won't have to wait until the neighbors are done. There won't be a pack of dogs trying to steal my socks.

If it's up to Itchy, we'll probably have our very own laundromat.

Things I've dropped today, in addition to the laundry of course, include:
  • full nalgene bottle (32 oz of water makes a decent sized puddle)
  • shampoo bottle
  • toothbrush
  • car keys
  • remote control
  • my breakfast (bagel, ate it anyway)
  • ponytail holder
  • the cat's flea medication
  • cat treats
and ...






wait for it...







  • a full nalgene bottle (for the second freaking time today)!

So if there are typos, just let it go. My hands obviously don't work today.

No comments: