Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Why?

Is anyone familiar with the book "Llama Llama Red Pajama"? It was written by Anna Dewdney. It's a story meant for the preschool aged crowd.

Anyway, Stowa and I saw a llama the last time we were at the zoo. She has a picture of it. When she sees the picture she wants me to read this book to her. The only problem is that the book makes her cry.

Not like tears rolling down her face crying, but the bottom lip comes out and you can see that she's just trying to hold it together.

The book has been put away for a while. She's just not ready for the llama.

ETA: It's been DAYS since we've read this book. Stowa is STILL talking about the llama. Llama sad. Where llama mama?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I read that book to LLF sometimes. I think it is funny. Maybe because the little llama feels alone and like the mama left her and it makes Stowa sad? I'm sorry, it's sad that she cries, but it is kinda cute in a way.

Lori said...

It is kind of funny but I can't laugh at her with that sad little face. Stowa appears to be really sensitive to other people's (or llama's) feelings.