Thursday, June 30, 2011

Vocabulary explosion

Stowa is in the middle of an explosion. She's been a lady of few words. She's always been within the normal range for kids her age, but more towards the lower end of normal. I really haven't been worried about it. I knew that she was fine since she was saying *something* and she could clearly understand most of what I said to her.

Over the last two weeks or so her vocabulary has exploded. Yesterday we got some bracelets/anklets in the mail. My niece made them for Stowa and I. Stowa and I were checking them out and Stowa loves them. She was busy sorting them out and I asked which ones she liked. She then pointed to each and every one saying "like". I told her that her cousin "A" made them for her and then Stowa said her name! It's the first name she's said (other than Mama, Dada, and the cat's names). She's trying to repeat most of what I say to her now. It's exciting.

Last night while she was in the bath she said "I love you". Awww. I was mostly a puddle on the floor at that point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why are we not already posted about?! It has been 24 hours already!!!

~CW