Thursday, July 7, 2011

What better way to celebrate the country...

We had a fantastic 4th of July weekend! We were lucky enough to have two of our best friends from The Island visit. Stara and CW! Yay! CW brought along her husband (whom is also cool and fun to hang out with) and their freaking adorable baby Little Ladyfingers (LL).

They came up here on Saturday. Stowa ran up to Stara and wanted to be picked up. She never ever does this. Then I saw LL. Oh my gosh. She is cute. And I'm not just saying that because her mama is reading this. She is seriously a beautiful baby. I had seen pictures and they were cute but in person, even more adorable. And she's really tiny and snuggly. And she has that tiny baby smell.

Anyway, Itchy was able to get a boat for the weekend so we boated over to a local restaurant for dinner. It was probably not a great choice, since it was really busy. My kid was rotten during the wait for food, which was way too long. There were people smoking near us. Gag. LL was just a tiny bit over stimulated by the noise. We should have gone elsewhere.

After we got out of there we tried to do a little fishing. CW's husband was the only one that caught anything and it wasn't much.

Sunday we gave them the tour of the clinic. Itchy got to show off his fun toys. They have both been offered jobs at the clinic. The offer itself isn't that great but I think they should seriously consider it.

We went out on the boat that afternoon. No fish were caught. But it was still fun. Everything was going well until the boat died. Yep it just died. Being on a lake in WI, it didn't take long before someone came by to help. A retired Navy SEAL and his friends towed us back to the resort. I think we were moving faster being towed than we did when the boat was running on it's own.

We grilled some food that night, had a fire in the yard, and were eaten alive by mosquitoes. It doesn't sound like much fun, but it was. CW and Stara are now to blame for any weight that I gain this summer. Pregnant or not. They made me eat a cookie S'more. That's right. A toasted marshmallow in between pieces of a chocolate chip cookie. I'm giving my doctor their numbers. They can explain it to him. I don't know if I can go back to regular S'mores.

Sadly they had to leave early on Monday. They had a long drive back. I really wish they lived closer. Hanging out with them is the thing I miss most about the The Island. If they would just take the jobs they have been offered we could hang out all the time!

They missed the lame ass parade that went by our house. Itchy and I must be jaded or something because everyone around us (and there were a lot of people around us) seemed to be enjoying it. We both agreed that we would skip it next year. It was stupid and lame. I do not understand why people had chairs set up (in my yard) the night before the parade.

After being bored to tears at the parade, we all took a 3 hour nap. We were all tired.

We took Stowa out on the boat that night for a little fishing and fireworks. The fishing wasn't great but the fireworks were cool. Stowa kept asking for "mor". Drastic change from last year.

3 comments:

Stara said...

I think this pretty much sums up the best fourth of July weekend ever!

Lori said...

I had a lot of fun! I'm really glad you guys came up here!

A's Mom said...

That cookie smores sound delish!! Might have to try those!