Saturday, June 11, 2011

The kids' room pictures

Here's the room before we really moved in.





Notice basketball hoop light. Totally goes with a HOT PINK room. That door leaning up against the wall there. Yeah it's for our bedroom but it has no hinges and it's cracked. It lives downstairs now. The stickers on the door to this room are Tinkerbell stickers. I left them there.

Here's a "during" the makeover picture. It was taken today. The painting is done. I really don't care that the ceiling has green on it. It's covering up the HOT PINK that the previous renter got on the ceiling. The floor has a good amount of paint on it as well. Both from the paint I spilled and the pain that Itchy had on his sock (that he didn't know about) while he was painting. Whatever. There's HOT PINK, magenta, and white paint splatter too. Oh that's right, I said magenta. Someone decided to paint the trim and the doors magenta at some point. Our bathroom door is still magenta. Anyway, here's a picture.

Stowa's dresser and her big girl bedding on the floor.


Here's the bargain dresser ($35), the crib, the arm of the Stair Climber, and a frame that will hang somewhere in that room.


Do you see what's missing? Yep, Stowa's big girl bed. And by bed I mean mattress on the floor. We don't have it yet and I haven't even started looking for it. All in good time. Also I realize that nothing matches. It's irritating but at the same time, I can't justify spending more money just so it's all the same. The crib bedding doesn't really match the big girl bedding either. Therefore the wall color isn't an exact match for either one. We didn't set out to have a "room in a bag" room so it works for us.

I hope to post pictures of the final product soon, but we'll see how it goes.

No comments: