Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I caved

I had been trying really hard to live without the air conditioner on. Sure I was hot, but really The Island was always this hot. Usually worse. Certainly I could live without AC. I have fans in every room. Positioned so that they are blowing directly on me and me alone. Sorry Itchy. Since it's just me and the cats here, I can wear whatever I want (i.e. tank top and way too short shorts). The freezer has plenty of popsicles. I thought I'd be able to do this.

I caved though. Once the temp in here hit about 88 degrees I couldn't take it. I don't know how hot it was outside. It almost felt a little cooler outside. Crazy. It was often like that on The Island though. Our apartment (aka The Oven) would be hotter than the outside. And seriously, 88 degrees inside was pretty normal.

It's so much more comfortable in here now. What is considered a normal room temperature? I have the thingy set at 78. I'm still hot all the time but Itchy and the cats are comfortable at this temp. I don't even want to imagine our heating bill for this winter. It's all relative though right? 78 seems to cool to us because it's so hot outside, so this winter 70 will seem warm because it's so cold outside. That's how it's going to work right?

Aside from that, life is flying by. It's only 8 more days until the ulratsound. I can't believe I'm halfway through the pregnancy. This is crazy to me. When I realized this I decided I needed to do something to get ready. So logically I started cross stitching a little something for the baby. Because we all know that babies need homemade crafts. I've already demanded a crocheted
blanket and a quilt from Grandma. Carseats, cribs, and diapers? Bah! We'll have crafts!!!

I have been researching baby gear too. It's not all just fun and games. I've been looking at "must have" lists. Why does Stowaway need all that stuff? And why are there so many options for each item? Do I really need 23 different swings to choose from? How about you make one really good one in 3 or 4 standard patterns (maybe make custom ones if people are going to be choosy) and we go from there? Having too many options gives me anxiety. My brain (which is turning to mush, I'm entirely convinced that Stowaway is a zombie) just doesn't like that many options. Which, by the way, is part of the reason why I hate Subway. Thanks to Al Gore though for inventing the internet. I can sit at home, research all these options, and freak out at home instead of having a breakdown in Target.

You still have 8 days to vote in the poll if you haven't yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank god you don't have to choose if you are going to have a boy or a girl!! You might be pregnant for years!!