Thursday, July 7, 2011

Busy day

On Wednesday, Stowa and I drove up north to meet up with my darling niece, my sister, and my brother in law. We met up at the zoo. It was really fun to hang out with my niece. I don't get to see any of my nieces often enough, so when I do get to see them, it's always really fun for me.

Stowa wasn't feeling the zoo. She woke up crabby. She remained crabby. She finally perked up when we were just about done at the zoo. The peacock was totally her favorite animal this time.

We also went on a tour of a mansion. It was cool but my kid didn't think so. Being in a place where she had to be quiet and not touch anything isn't fun for her. I was hoping she'd fall asleep. No such luck. Whatever. It was still interesting.

After that we went to a lighthouse. We got to watch a freight ship come into port. But we were not at the lighthouse that we had intended to be at. A 25 minute drive further north got us to the right lighthouse only to find that because of the state shutdown, the state park that the lighthouse is located in, was closed. It thought it was funny. The rest of the group did not.

No comments: