Wednesday, August 12, 2009

27th week appointment

I had yet another appointment today. It wasn't as boring as the others have been since they seemed intent on freaking me out the entire time.

Stowa is growing fine and seems to be right on track. Heartbeat remains at 156. They confirmed that she is head down.

I had to skip the diabetes test since the only tech that was there was really, really busy. My blood pressure was up. I've got some swelling, which they think is due to the heat and the high blood pressure. It's nothing to worry about but I've been told to avoid the heat and to chug more water. They weren't happy with the number of Braxton Hicks contractions that I'm having either. I'm also on travel restrictions as of next week. I've been told to avoid long car rides. They really don't want me more than an hour away from here.

Then they started asking me questions. Simple questions about my (lack of) insurance; the baby's insurance; have I picked out a pediatrician yet; where will baby's insurance allow her to be seen; do we have a car seat, crib, etc; what will I use for birth control after the baby is born; and so on. It made me feel completely unprepared. At which point my brain started to melt.

No comments: