Saturday, August 1, 2009

100 days?

Apparently it is only 100 more days until my due date. November seems so far away and so close all at the same time. It's weird. It's hard to believe it's August already. The baby is already head down (I know she can still flip around, but right now she's head down) and I've been having lovely Braxton Hicks contractions.

August is probably going to be a pretty busy month too, which will make it go even quicker. I'm trying to work out some details so that I can go visit my family. I didn't get to see them much when we got back from The Island (with the shot gun wedding and what not). Ideally, I'll get there before school starts so the nieces and I can have some fun. My sisters want to throw a baby shower too. I'm iffy on that but they are insistent.

Itchy wants to make a trip back to see some of his friends for a fantasy football draft and he wants me to go to that. Of course, there will be time spent with his family as well. I have zero interest in the fantasy football draft and really don't want to participate in the festivities surrounding it (sounds like they are getting a party bus to go bar hopping the night before). This makes things really awkward for me. Since Itchy will be out all night and we're staying at his parent's house, I either suck it up and deal with drunken boys until the wee morning hours or I spend time with Itchy's parents, without Itchy. Neither one of these options sound like fun to me. I don't even want to go but his mom is totally expecting me to be there. Ugh, I'm not really sure what to do. Itchy doesn't get why both options suck for me. I could kick him.

We also have the State Fair to look forward to. That should be a fun day. I'm really hoping for awesome weather that day.

2 comments:

Stara said...

100 freaking days. That's insane. We haven't even made it to the zoo yet!

Lori said...

It's your fault we haven't been to the zoo! I've been checking my email everyday just waiting for you to pick a day. Yet, there is never an email from you. Sad.