Friday, July 10, 2009

Let's talk about maternity clothes

Why are they all so freaking ugly?

So far I have been lucky enough to wear most of my regular clothes. I had to pick up a few new shirts because most of my shirts were more on the fitted side. Between the belly and the boobs I looked stupid. So I bought some regular shirts in a bigger size. Those are fine. My shorts and jeans still fit for now. To be completely honest though, they are much more comfy if I unbutton them. Which is fine at home but I certainly can't leave the house like that.

I know that these clothes aren't going to fit much longer. I've still got months of growing ahead of me. This has forced me to look at maternity clothes. They make me want to cry. I just want a pair of jeans that are not ugly and that aren't going to cost more than the baby's crib. The shirts aren't too bad. I can deal with those. But the pants? Ugh. Forget about wearing maternity shorts. Those are terrible. Maybe they look better on?

To make it worse, most of the stores (that I can afford-some of those specialty stores are crazy expensive) don't even have this stuff in the store. You have to buy it online. And you can't return it to the store if it doesn't fit, you have to mail it back. I hate that.

Earlier this week my favorite pair of jeans ripped at the knee. I knew it was just a matter of time. It still made me sad. Since they now look way to ratty to wear out of the house and I was down to just one other pair of jeans, I had to go shopping.

Since I have (clearly) have issues with maternity jeans, I just bought regular jeans in a bigger size. They were on clearance too. That made me happy.

I'm pretty sure that once/if I outgrow these I am just going to live in yoga pants. That's acceptable for pregnant women right?

1 comment:

A's Mom said...

Go to Target and buy a "Belly Band". This will allow you to wear your normal jeans unbuttoned and not be so obvious. It'll just look like you are wearing layers. And you can wear it after the little princess arrives too.