Friday, March 13, 2009

Ka BOOM!

Did you all hear my head explode? It was pretty loud and messy. Aside from the excruciating headache, I'm feeling better today.

We finally have our flights booked. Our cats finally have reservations on said flights. This should have been a hell of a lot easier.

It started when we got a start date. It freaked us out. We had to get a flight sooner than we thought we would. Getting the cats off the island was suppose to be the hard part. Limited number of flights+limited number of pet spots on the flights= pain in the ass. We found a flight off the island, with room for both of our cats, with little difficulty. We even got them as far as North Carolina with no problem. It was getting them out of NC that sucked.

I totally got the run around trying to make these arrangements. I booked online and than had to wait until the next morning to call the airlines and reserve spots for the cats. I called American Airlines first. No problem. Got spots and reservation codes for the cats. Also got the guy's name, the date and time I called. Warned this guy that I didn't want to have the problems that I had last time. So if I had any problems with this reservation, I'd be calling and speaking to his supervisor. American has crapped on me before, so I wasn't taking this lightly.

Than I called US Airways. They were not as helpful. The flight from NC to MN already had a pet booked on it. They only allow 2 pets in the cabin. Ugh. I had to change that part of our flight. But that was the last flight to MN that day. We'd have to spend the night in NC. With the cats. Fine. Whatever. Change the flight. Sorry, they can't change it. The flights were booked through American so I have to call them to change it. I asked them if there were pets booked on the flight the next morning. She didn't think there were.

I called American to change the US AIRWAY flight. It just doesn't make sense. In order to change it, I will be charged $550. Or I can cancel all of it and just lose all of the money. Great. Why is it that I can book this flight that I want for $200 on their website? Wouldn't it be easier to just "miss" that part of the flight and book a new one? But what happens to our luggage? There's no way it would just continue on to MN. If you miss your flight, your baggage gets taken off the plane. All that 9/11 stuff. We just don't have time for them to lose our luggage.

I call Itchy to find out what he wants to do. Than my phone runs out of minutes. Itchy is going to put more on there so I take a break from calling. I take a walk to the Fed Ex place downtown to mail our apartment application and lease. They can't mail it without a phone number. I still do not understand this. I walk back home, get the phone number, and walk back. Pay $43 to mail 4 sheets of paper. This is insane.

I get back home and Itchy is here for lunch. He wants to talk trucks. He wants a new truck. He wants me to look at trucks. What kind of truck do I want? Should we get a truck or a SUV? This doesn't really matter to me. A small SUV looks prettier to me, but a truck is more practical. So get a truck. All trucks pretty much look the same. Just tell your dad to get a good deal. They all get crappy mileage. We'll just have to deal with it. Itchy heads off back to school.

I have to call US Airways again to make sure that in that time no one has booked pets on the flight I want. No one has. But they can't save it for me. So I call American Airlines back. Except they won't answer their phone. Their hotline isn't open 24 hours a day in the Caribbean. Island hours suck when you need to get shit done. I have a little breakdown. But I know I have to spend this much to get the cats home. They are worth it.

This morning I called US Airways again. To confirm that the cats would be able to get on the flight we want. I call American again. They change the flight. For $546.40. The lady warns me that I only have 24 hours to pay for the change. I ask her if I can give her my credit card info. She says no. Than, this is no joke, the next question she asks me is for the cardholder name. You've got to be kidding lady. She must not have understood what I asked her. Or she is a raving moron.

I get the change made and call US Airways. Again. If this seems repetitive, that's because it was. They reserve the spots for the cats. But this lady can only give me one reservation code for both of the cats. The other guy gave me a code for each cat. I wonder if this is going to be a problem?

Now I need to get a hotel that allows pets and that is close to the airport. This sucks.

2 comments:

A's Mom said...

OH MY GOD. I so do not envy you. I hope it at least works out with the apartment.

Lori said...

I'm not sure what we'll do if it doesn't work out with the apartment. I don't know if my brain can handle it. My mental state is very fragile right now.