Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hey that's my name

Someone has stolen my name. I've known about it for about the last 10 years or so. I found her in the phone book. I was just checking to see if there was anyone that lived near me that had the same last name. It's a fairly common name but the spelling is a bit different. Well, not only was there a handful of people that shared the last name, there was one that had the same first name as well. Turns out she lived only a few blocks from where I lived!

Recently, I've been getting her emails. One of my email addresses is simply my name. Well, our name. She must have a similar email address. Her friends keep emailing me. I email them back to let them know they've got the wrong Lori.

From what I gathered, she is a teacher, has at least one hockey playing child, enjoys scrap booking, had a sister recently move closer to her, and had a birthday last week. Her friends seem nice. She got a lot of "Happy Birthday" emails. Since none of them mentioned an age, I'm guessing she's older than I am. The older people get the less people mention numbers.

All of this makes me wonder if she is getting my emails. Or my regular mail (when we were practically neighbors). Also, I wonder how many times we were in the same store at the same time. I mean, we had to go to the same Target or Cub at least once. Weird. It's kind of freaking me out.

1 comment:

A's Mom said...

You even have the same middle name?? Wow. That's weird.