Sunday, March 1, 2009

Itchy's arranged marriage

Itchy finally told his parents where he is going for clinics. We've known for a little over a month. He couldn't tell them right away. We have to limit the amount of time they have to buy a house there. Not kidding. They will probably want to live near Itchy. Our only hope is that they will want to stay close to the golden grandkid.

Itchy's mom also suggested that now that he is almost done with school, he should start looking for a wife. Remember, they don't know about me. At all. I have a feeling his mom is looking to arrange something. She would prefer that Itchy marry a career women. A doctor. Specifically, a medical doctor. A vet would be acceptable. Lawyer would be great. Some sort of high paying, respectable career.

Itchy told her that he wants someone that makes him happy. They came to a compromise at the end of the 40 minute discussion. He will find a wife that makes him happy, will go shopping with his mom, will learn to cook the way his mom cooks and pop out a few grandkids. I have a feeling a granddaughter would be preferred. His mom always wanted a daughter.

I can do all of that. I can be the daughter she never had. I can learn to cook Indian food. It could be fun. I can already make rice so I'm already half way there. Right?

I can take her shopping. I like to shop. I don't have any money which makes it less fun, but hell I can browse for hours. I'd even let her buy me things. Yep. That's how nice I am.

I'm pretty sure I still want kids. The longer I wait, the less sure I am. How weird is that? It doesn't make sense to me. But that is another topic all together.

Now, I just need a way to make Itchy happy. Maybe I will get him a new kitten. Kittens are so cute and fluffy, how could he not be happy with a brand new kitten. Or I could just continue being my charming, delightful, and witty self and he can just be happy because I tell him to be happy. Muwhahaha.

And if I can somehow come up with a career, I'll be all set. I wonder if being retired means that I once had a career? It must. You can't retire from doing nothing. You have to retire from something. Because I like to think of myself as retired instead of unemployed. It sounds less depressing.

So there we go. Who knew I was perfect for Itchy?

No comments: