Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Holy Birthday Batman!

We had a birthday weekend extravaganza this past weekend. We went to our friend Mohawk's surprise birthday party on Friday night. We felt pretty old. We're 4 years older than him and 8 years older than his girlfriend (who really couldn't be any nicer). Yikes. But it was a fun night. Not sure if it actually surprised him, but if it wasn't at least he pretended.

Then on Saturday, our Other friends were throwing a party for Itchy and J. Her birthday was on Friday (I think) and Itchy's birthday was on Sunday. So a combined party was had. I was still a little tired from the night before, but it was a pretty relaxing night anyway. It was at Shots' house and she just got a new puppy. He is too freaking cute.

Sunday we had football. It was Itchy's birthday and all he wanted was a win. Not only did they win, but Itchy got a touchdown! Yay! I made Itchy a delicious birthday omelet after the game. He didn't want cake or anything so that's all we did. He had a test on Monday morning so we couldn't really do anything anyway. On a rather sad note, Itchy's own mother did not remember his birthday. She called last week to remind Itchy to call his dad on Sunday and when he said that it was HIS day and they should call him, she did not know why. He told her it was his birthday. On the other hand, MY mom not only remembered but sent a card.

We went to the beach on Monday after Itchy's test. More fun was had by all. I love the beach. It was hot out and the water was really, really warm. Almost creepy warm. The biggest surprise was that I didn't get sunburned! What can I say, wearing a hat and a t-shirt will help with that.

After the beach, Itchy and I went out to dinner for his birthday. It was difficult to choose a restaurant because none of them are really that good. Eventually, we chose one. Of course, it was also the busiest (probably) restaurant on the island. It took forever to get the food. And when we did get our food, I was pretty disappointed. I wanted steak. So I ordered steak. Itchy ordered a steak and onion sandwich. I got this dinky little steak and a little mound of mashed potatoes. Itchy's plate was overflowing with food. Giant sandwich and a huge pile of fries. For half the price. I was pretty hungry so I was regretting my choice a little. I mean, he may not have the best cut of steak, but it was still steak.

It the end though, my steak was really freaking amazing. Totally what I wanted. I'm not just saying that either. It was really, really good.

The only downside to the whole weekend was that Itchy lost his cell phone. Not a huge surprise since he loses things often. But he lost it twice this weekend. Once at a gas station on Friday night (a local kid flagged us down and gave it back) and then again on Monday. For a guy that loses stuff as often as he does, he gave up on finding his cell phone pretty quickly. By the time we got back from the beach on Monday he had already decided it was gone forever.

So today we went to buy him a new phone. Nothing fancy, but certainly nicer than the ones that we got when we got down here in August 2006. Itchy was busy doing homework so I was playing with it. I'll admit I was a little jealous that Itchy got a new phone and I didn't. Itchy must have realized that because he gave me the new phone and he took my old one. So now I have a fun new phone (same phone numbers for both of us though)!

As some of you may have noticed, this is my 99th post. It is tradition to do a "100 things about me" post as your 100th post. Something for all of you to look forward to. It'll probably be up by the end of the week.

ETA: I totally called the NBA finals! I told Itchy weeks ago that the Boston Celtics (and my beloved Kevin Garnett) would win the Finals in Game 6, with KG getting a triple double. He may not have gotten a triple double, but he still had a great game that resulted in a ring.

No comments: