Thursday, August 11, 2011

Freak

Most women have to worry about high blood pressure during pregnancy. I must be some special brand of freak. I have low blood pressure. Today it was 82/50. Since I'm not having any issues, like dizziness, my doctor isn't too concerned. If anything changes, I am suppose to call.

I apparently haven't gained enough weight either. Measuring right on track though, so the baby is growing just fine. I don't understand it. I feel like a freaking walrus. I LOOK like a freaking walrus. But I haven't gained enough. Whatever. The baby is the one that needs to gain weight. I have plenty to spare. I could probably LOSE weight during this pregnancy and still have a giant baby.

Little Dude is growing as he should be. He is still breech, but since he's going to arrive via c-section, it doesn't really matter. It's just uncomfortable for me to have his head in my rib cage and his feet kicking my bladder.

Stowa and I went to check out the hospital today. I wanted to see what the labor and delivery department looked like. I got to meet the lactation consultant. She was really excited that I plan to breastfeed Little Dude. She was even more excited that Stowa nursed until just a few months ago. She showed us around. It's a really new hospital so everything is really nice.

After the tour we were standing by the nurse's desk. One of the nurses was feeding an adorable little baby. The nurse giving the tour pushed Stowa over there to see the baby (Stowa was riding nicely in her stroller). The other nurse brought the baby over to her and was letting her touch the baby. Then the nurse asked if Stowa wanted to hold the baby. OMG. I said no. There was no way she was holding a stranger's baby! I'd be pissed if I sent my baby to the nursery only to find that they let a stranger's almost 2 yr old hold my baby.

It was really weird. Thank goodness they encourage rooming in.

2 comments:

A's Mom said...

Just relax about the weight. Doctors are a pain in the ass about that detail.

Lori said...

I know. I'm not worried about it. I seriously could LOSE weight during this pregnancy and still have a huge healthy baby. I have plenty to spare!