Sunday, August 14, 2011

Crafty

I had the craft bug the last few days. Stowa has been taking decent naps so I've had time to work on a few things. Once I get started I can get things done pretty quick. Again, the dates are all screwy. I've reset the date a thousand times and it just keeps going back to whatever it wants.

Here are two of the things I've made over for the baby.

His quilt:


I made something very similar for Stowa. The back of it is super soft fleece. The satin trim is a pain in the butt though. I don't have the right sewing equipment to make it easier and since I rarely work with it, I have no interest in getting it.

This is a car seat cover. You know to keep out the cold. It has elastic around the bottom so the wind won't blow it off.



Baby is clearly not harnessed properly here but since she isn't in the car it doesn't matter. I think the cover turned out pretty well considering the fact that I had no pattern to work with. I winged it.

Still working on the cross stitching. Goodness is that time consuming. One day. I would still like to make the fleece blankets for each of the kids, but I may save them for Christmas gifts.

2 comments:

A's Mom said...

Very impressive! I think the blanket looks adorable and I'm sure little dude won't even know the satin trim. And the cover! Holy crap I wish I had one of those when I was toting around a car seat! You should think about selling those suckers (not that you really have the time to! Nice job!

Lori said...

Thanks!