Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Update #2

Cuddles is home. Despite the puss oozing from his bandage this morning, the infection isn't bad at all. More of a dermatitis than anything else. We'll keep him on antibiotics and some topical stuff, but that's not really going to be an issue.

The feeding tube was removed. That was easy. Didn't even need to sedate him. He behaves very well in the clinic. He's lost a little weight, but nothing terrible. He was 12 lbs when he had his dental about a month ago. He's down to 10.6 lbs now. It's a much more appropriate weight for him. Anyway, I brought him home and the second he was out of his kennel, he started scratching at his neck. E-collar for him. Then I went to lock Patches away and she attacked me. She lunged at my feet. If I wouldn't have had shoes on, my foot would totally be bleeding. Have I told you how awful she has been since we've been dealing with this? She's lucky to be alive right now.

Now we just have to wait and see if he eats tonight.

No comments: