Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Spikes vs. No Spikes

It's an ongoing battle around here. Stowa's hair naturally spikes up in the back. I love those little spikes. Itchy loves those little spikes. We know that as her hair gets longer it will fall into place and those spikes will be gone. She looks cute with spiky hair.

FIL hates when her hair isn't lying flat. He is constantly smoothing her hair down. CONSTANTLY. He can not hold her without doing this.

Yesterday he was holding her and starting doing this. I, being stubborn, started to spike it back up every time he smoothed it down. He told me to stop. I asked why he hates her hair so much. I explained that I like the spikes and as long as Stowa doesn't have an opinion, my opinion is the one that matters. So spikes it is. MIL took my side. She said that she thought the spikes were cute too. I don't care if she was just trying to shut us both up or not, but damn it, she took my side. Take that FIL!

He did it again this afternoon. MIL had a friend visit and when he came downstairs he snatched the baby from me. Stowa was rocking a mohawk today and he got busy smoothing it down. He tried to get MIL's friend on his side. Wasn't happening. She agreed that the spikes are cute. MIL even said that she was the one to spike it up today. She wasn't, but I appreciate the support.

Anyway, it's a battle of wills. I'm stubborn. I could let it go and be the bigger person, but I don't want to. If I have to put up with him for 5 and a half more weeks I get to have this.

It makes me feel better about the other crap he pulls. Like this afternoon when he was purposely trying to wake Stowa up. Um, hello? You saw how crabby she got LAST NIGHT when you did the same freaking thing. Oh and the day before. Yeah. You do this everyday. And then you complain that she is crying and I'm the only one that can calm her down. Here's an idea, quit waking her up! Let her sleep. I promise you that she is a much happier girl when she's had a good nap. Damn straight I am going to get mad when you keep waking her up. I'm not going to sit back and let it happen. Just because everyone else lets you do what you want doesn't mean I have to.

By the way, you can quit telling me that she can hear you. We can all hear you. The neighbors can probably hear you. You are practically yelling. You are a loud talker. She's turning her head AWAY from you. It is because you are loud. Tone it down a little.

No comments: