Wednesday, January 27, 2010

She's gone

Itchy's mom passed away yesterday after a long (10 months) and painful battle with cancer.

She was hospitalized last Tuesday with what they thought was pneumonia. By Friday the radiographs were showing lesions on the lung. The thought it might be fungal and began treating for that. Radiographs taken on Sunday showed that the lesions had spread. Without a biopsy they couldn't say for sure that it was cancer, but we all knew that it was.

We went out there with Stowa on Saturday and MIL got to hold her. Stowa gave her big smiles and was talking to her. By Sunday MIL was pretty out of it and probably wouldn't have been aware if we were there so it's a good thing we went when we did.

We all knew it was coming but I really didn't think it was going to happen this quickly. It's been really hard. As much as I complained about being here, MIL and I were getting pretty close. I really did like her a lot. I'm really glad that she and I spent the last few weeks together. It meant a lot to me and I know she loved every second she spent with Stowa.

1 comment:

A's Mom said...

I'm so sorry to hear of you and Itchy's loss. At least she was able to spend time with all of you before she passed.