Monday, January 4, 2010

Pass the brain bleach please!

Itchy owes me. Big time. I don't know that he'll ever actually not owe me ever again.

See we are staying at his parent's house for six and a half weeks. That's right I am living with my in laws for six and a half weeks. To make it even worse, Itchy isn't even here with me. He's off at his externship all day. So I'm here with the in laws with no buffer. FIL is beyond crazy and he annoys the hell out of me. He doesn't like me and makes it pretty obvious. MIL doesn't like me either but she does enjoy having someone to talk to, so at least we have that going for us. Even though she doesn't like me (I'm a huge disappointment), I am her favorite daughter in law simply because I talk to her.

They are both baby hogs. The only time I really get to see her is when she needs to eat. The rest of the time one of them is holding her. MIL, a retired pediatrician, is good with her. No big surprise there. But MIL is also sick. The cancer has taken a lot out of her. She's tired and weak. I don't feel comfortable leaving the baby alone with her for long periods of time. Which means that I have to pretty much sit there with her while she holds the baby. FIL is worse though. He can't be trusted around the baby. His judgement is just terrible. He doesn't respect Itchy and I. We've asked him several times to stop waking Stowa up. He keeps doing it. Not gently either. His method to wake her has generally been to talk very loudly (it's almost yelling)and poke her in the face. I know that him calling Stowa "Princess" isn't going to hurt her, but it annoys the hell out of Itchy and I.

Itchy doesn't even like spending time with his parents so he knows this isn't easy for me. He readily acknowledges that he owes me. Today though, Itchy's debt to me grew exponentially. Apparently I am now doing my MIL's and FIL's laundry. This was not just their towels and socks people. It was their "delicates". No amount of brain bleach will allow me to forget this. The things I saw can not be unseen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG... That is so horrible. I am crying for you..

Fluffy Windover said...

You are a saint; my MIL just stayed with us for only 4 days and I almost ran away from home.

Anonymous said...

Brain Bleach I like that one!!