Tuesday, December 15, 2009

1 month old

How is it possible that a month has gone by already?

Pregnancy goes by so slowly and then you have a baby and the days fly by. It's not fair. Being pregnant sucks but the newborn days are fun. And exhausting. And painful. But way better than being pregnant.

Stowa is doing great. She's starting to "talk" to us which is fun. This morning she was admiring the baby in the mirror which was adorable. I'm a little afraid to type this as I don't want to jinx myself but she's also sleeping pretty well at night. We get up every three hours to eat but she goes right back to sleep 90% of the time. She may look nothing like me but she may have inherited my love of sleep.

Itchy is still on vacation. It's been really, really awesome having him around the last month. I'm sure Stowa and I would have survived if he would have had to have been in school but life is a heck of a lot better with him here.

The cats and the baby seem to be getting along too. Cuddles and Patches both sat on Stowa's lap the other day (while Stowa was sitting with me, we don't leave her unattended with the cats just yet). Patches is being rather obnoxious though. She's always been naughty but it seems worse these days. I'm sure it's just that we're a little more tired and she's getting less attention (i.e. she's bored).

No comments: