Monday, December 15, 2008

He Did It!

Ok, for a while there it looked like Itchy and I were going to be on this island for an additional 4 months. Itchy was mentally preparing himself for it. Itchy was telling me to prepare myself. I was having none of that. How could possibly prepare for something like that? I continued to plan to leave in April. Itchy continued to warn me. I figured I'd deal with it IF and only IF I had to.

Itchy had his finals last week. The class he was worried about was on the last day of finals. However, his plan of not studying for the first final (because he was doing well in that class) seemed to have backfired. He was pretty sure that he had failed that final and would, as a result of that, fail the class. He took his last final on Wednesday. We had to wait until Saturday to get the results. Longest days of our lives. There's nothing you can do. You don't want to go out. You don't want to do anything. All you can do is wait.

So we waited. The school sent an email on Thursday that the grades would be up Friday evening or early Saturday morning because the school was going to shut down their servers on Saturday for repairs.

This meant that we checked the grade website every 15 minutes all day Friday. The grades were finally posted at 1 am.

Itchy passed! With less than stellar grades, but I am so proud of him! I knew the Jedi forces would kick in. I don't know if you know this, but everything always works out for Itchy. Always. He is a lucky bastard. I don't know why he doubted himself.

Anyway, he is now in his last semester down here. We will find out where we are going to for clinics in a few months. I'm sure my anxiety will kick in soon, so look for those fun filled posts!

No comments: