Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday

Craziness. Absolute chaos. Did you go out into the madness? Any stories to share? I wish I could have gone out. I saw good deals on things I want and need. I doubt that our '"mall" had any good sales, especially since Black Friday is an American thing. Of course, the only "mall" we have here is filled with stores that sell personalized key chains and magnets. You can only have so many magnets, shot glasses, and key chains with your name on it before it gets old. So even if they did have great deals, I don't need another magnet with my name on it.

Of course, the trampling death of a store employee kind of ruins any good deals those people got. I mean, seriously, can you even imagine coming home and telling your family "I got the $8 fleece hoodies and the $9 DVDs! Oh and I was one of the people that trampled that guy to death. What a great day! I saved so much money". Wouldn't that kind of ruin your shopping high? Not to mention your weekend? I understand mob mentality. I get that once you're in that situation you have to protect yourself and the only way to do that is to keep moving. But the people who took the door off the hinges should be charged with manslaughter. Your bargain prices can wait. If no one was allowed in, who did they think was getting all the "good stuff"?

Anyway, I did get my own good deal this weekend. I got really cheap flea and heartworm medication for my cats. For $15 dollars I got a 12 month supply for both of my cats. That's a great deal. Yes, cats need heartworm prevention too. Even if they are indoor only. Year round is ideal for dogs and cats. I did have to wait in a long line and it was a poorly organized event. But no one got trampled.

Speaking of mosquito transmitted diseases, I may or may not have Dengue Fever. Dozens of cases have recently been confirmed on The Island. I've got some of the symptoms.

1 comment:

A's Mom said...

Sorry you missed out on some good deals. I? Stayed inside and played with LMA with relatives. People are crazy for waking up at 4am to go shopping for deals. I would prefer to do in my pjs in front of my computer.