Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cats vs Dogs

One of the age old debates. Are you a cat person or a dog person? Itchy and I are cat people. We know this. We embrace it. Don't get me wrong, dogs are fine. We don't hate dogs. Certainly aren't out there looking for puppies to kick. But I really don't want a dog. And never a puppy. Puppies are stupid. Adorable? Yes. But very, very stupid.

We are dogs sitting for friends. We have one week down and 2 weeks to go. There are 3 dogs. They are all lab sized dogs. One of them is a puppy. He is very stupid. He is very mouthy. He thinks it's a game. It was cute when he was tiny, but now he is too big for it to be anything another than painful. He is constantly trying to get everyone to play with him. But the only game he wants to play is wrestling and biting. No one wants to play this game with him. He's a jackass.

His sibling (adopted sibling) is older and less annoying. But good lord you can't walk out of the room without her at your heels. She is only content when you are petting her. She likes to stand in your lap when you are sitting and breathe in your face. She is a dog. She has dog breath. Yeah. She has no concept of personal space. At all.

The other dog is slightly less annoying. She too follows us everywhere. She is also very vocal. She likes to 'talk' to us. It's fine. I know dogs, I know she is just talking to us. But I can see why this scares others. And at 6 am, when they are begging for food, it is NOT cute. She also likes to jump on us. She has long nails. They hurt.

I do not regret agreeing to dog sitting. Not at all. This has just confirmed what I already knew. We are cat people. Our cats are not perfect. I know they have flaws. I also know that while I can live with their flaws, other people would not tolerate it. That's fine.

I'm not ruling out a dog completely. I'm sure there is a great dog out there that would be the right dog for our family. But I'm in no hurry to find it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I love cats esp. my grand cats but what about my sweet boy your adopted brother and whats this awful thing disease you have and how is the collar bone.soon its back to reality jobs cold and relatives

Anonymous said...

And I am so proud of Itchy I may need and Vet someday and I would like to help decorate his office. o and I am very proud of the writer of this blog kinda love this kid