Thursday, August 28, 2008

Vacation Part 3

I think I left off with getting ready for the Twins game. No, there was no paint involved. Just regular old T-shirts. It was hat day though, so we both got a free Twins hat. The Twins lost but it was still fun to watch. There were five 18 boys sitting behind us. They had painted their chests. Yes, they were those people. Loud and mostly amusing (until one of them spilled blue sno-cone on me). Because of those boys, my dad and I ended up on TV. Apparently, not once but twice. The first time was just before the game started and the cameras were just showing shots of the fans. The second time was because some announcer guy named Burt has this thing where he circles the fans. So people bring huge signs that say things like "Circle Me Burt" and other more clever things like that. The boys had these signs. I guess Burt circled them. But we were in that circle too! IT was funny.

On Sunday I returned the rental car and than we headed downtown again to see the progress of the bridge. It's amazing to me that they have come so far in such a short time. We also went down to see the new Twins stadium that is being built. Than we started the long drive north.

When we finally got there, my sisters, BIL, and nieces all came over to my mom's house to see me. Nothing to exciting, just a lot of chit chat.

I'll pick up there tomorrow.

No comments: