Sunday, August 24, 2008

Vacation Part 2

I could have slept for an eternity but I had things to do. I woke up early on Thursday morning and had breakfast (free at the hotel, which I don't know if I mentioned it, but it was a much nicer hotel than I was suppose to be at). Then it was off to Target. I love Target. It's clean, shiny, and smells good. The shelves are well stocked. The employees are friendly. Maybe they just sense my love of Target. It must radiate from me. I buy the things I need and meander through the store for a good hour.

Back to the hotel to get properly ready for the day. Once that happens, I set off to Planned Parenthood. To make plans to NOT get pregnant. They have awesome walk in clinics and discounted birth control. Got what I needed from them and then I was off to the running store. Yep, seriously. I talked to some guy there that was really into running. Told him what my issues are (shin pain) and he asked a bunch of questions, looked at my old running shoes and then asked what my budget was. I told him I needed to go as cheap as possible. He recommended a shoe that was $135 or so. Not what I wanted to pay and to be completely honest, it didn't feel comfortable. Not enough arch support or something. I told him I'd think about it.

After that I went to Foot Locker and bought the same shoe for about $40 less. Still not sure that it fit right, but the running guy said it was what I needed. I went back to the hotel to try them out (hotel had a fitness room). Yeah, not helping the excruciating shin pain. Whatever. Shower again and then head out to meet up with friends.

I meet them at work (we all used to work together). We hang out there for a while because that place is like a blackhole. It's really hard to get out of there. But eventually they can call it a day. We head out to an old favorite just in time for happy hour. Gotta love two for ones. It was just so much fun. Probably had a little too much to drink and then started drunk dialing. Hilarious. One of them had to leave (she drove us there) but we talked 'grandma' into coming out with us. She picked us up at the bar and took us to get food. We hung out there for quite a while. Again, just so much fun. I miss them already. It was a really fun night.

Friday was fun too. I went to the zoo I used to work at. They have a new exhibit that I was dying to see. It's amazing. Beautifully done. I, of course, walked around the entire zoo and saw all the up dates they had done. The whole place looks great. And the weather was just beautiful.

After the zoo I went to the mall. Did some window shopping. You forget just how big that place is. It was bordering overwhelming. Since it was getting late anyway I left. I called an old friend of mine (not that she's old, we've been friends since grade school) and then went to her house. It was fun. I haven't seen her in a long time so we had some catching up to do. It was a late night.

I went running again on Saturday morning. Shoes still sucked. Then I went shopping. Looked at cameras. I realized just how much mine sucks when I was at the zoo. The cameras I had 'picked out' online didn't really live up to my expectations. They were confusing to me. I'm sure I could learn but I wanted something nicer than what I have and simple to use. Instead of getting a new camera I got my foot stomped on. I'm sure it was accident but seriously, it broke the skin. So there I am bleeding in Best Buy. I had had enough. I went outside and called my dad, who was meeting up with me. He was already in Minneapolis, waiting at the hotel I was suppose to be at. I gave him directions to the new hotel and told him I'd meet him there.

After he got his stuff up to the room we went back to the mall. He was looking for a birthday gift for my oldest sister. We couldn't find what he was looking for. So we went to lunch instead. Lunch was delicious. I ate way too much. After lunch we went back to the hotel so we could get ready for the Twins game.

I'll pick up there tomorrow.

No comments: