Monday, November 8, 2010

Birthday Shenanigans Part 3 Clothing Edition

Things seemed to have been toned down quite a bit. A couple of MIL's best friends talked FIL out of renting the reception site. He thankfully listened to them. Still a ton of people but it'll be at FIL's house.

The last time we were over at his house he mentioned to me that I needed to wear traditional Indian clothes. Yeah. He asked if I had any. I don't. I have a few of MIL's saris* but none of the other stuff. No pants or cholis*. But honestly, I don't want to wear that stuff. I'm already uncomfortable being around all FIL's friends. They speak a language I don't understand. I'd like to at least be in comfortable clothes. It's not like I'm going to wear jeans. I can put on nice clothes. Anyway, FIL tells me that he has an outfit I can wear. I tell him that I'd rather wear my own clothes. FIL is annoyed with me.

Stowa will be wearing a little Indian outfit. One of MIL's friends gave her an outfit so she'll wear that. It's not a sari, but I'm not sure what the heck it's called. If our stupid computer would let me upload pictures I'd totally post a pic of it. It's a long sleeved shirt and pants. The pants are HUGE. I think she'll have to wear other pants (jeans! that would really piss FIL off) but she'll wear the shirt.

*No freaking clue if that is the correct spelling!

No comments: