Saturday, October 16, 2010

New series

Stowa's birthday is a mere 31 days away! Scary right? Yep. Our original plan was to keep it small. Do one party with Itchy's family and one party with my family. We'd do something small, just the 3 of us, for her on her actual birthday.

It's not exactly working out that way. We'll have out of town guests on her actual birthday and they want to see her smash her cake. Ok fine, they can come over for dinner and cake. No biggie. It'll still be laid back and simple.

My mom, sisters, and nieces are coming down the weekend of Thanksgiving to celebrate her birthday. We'll go somewhere fun, have some cake, open presents, etc. It'll be fun. Stowa is even going to go swimming for the first time!

Then we have Itchy's family. FIL has taken over. I wanted Itchy's brothers and their families and Itchy's dad to meet up at FIL's house (since no one will come to our place because of the beasts we call cats). We'd eat some Indian food (since that's all we ever eat when we all get together), have some cake and open a couple presents. Done and done. This does not work for FIL. Not at all. He wants to do more.

This has inspired me. If I have to suffer through this I might as well blog about it. I give you the new blog series : Birthday Shenanigans.

No comments: