Sunday, June 20, 2010

Stowa and the cats

Before Stowa arrived on the scene Itchy and I talked about how we thought the cats would react to her. We thought Cuddles would be the tolerate one. He'd come find us if she's crying and then worry until we got her calmed down.

We thought Patches would want nothing to do with the baby. Didn't think she ever come near her and if she did, it would only be to steal her seat.

We were wrong.

Cuddles wants nothing to do with her. He avoids her as much as he can. When it's just not possible, he tolerates her but isn't happy about it.

Patches, on the other hand, seems to like the baby. The hair pulling, ear biting, cat wrestling, screaming baby. Patches will actively seek out the baby. When Stowa is playing on the floor, Patches comes and plops down next to her. I move her and she moves right back. When Stowa goes to take a nap, Patches also goes into the bedroom to nap. Last night while I was making dinner Stowa was in her jumperoo (aka the Neglect-a-roo) and started crying. When I didn't go get her right away Patches came into the kitchen and stared at me. Stowa had her in a head lock the other day and Patches was purring. Freaking weirdo cat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is super dang cute!

Lori said...

It really was adorable. I got a picture of it, I'll put it on her photo site when I get home!