Friday, June 18, 2010

Every single time

It's like she can hear me typing. Every single time I start to type, the kid wakes up. That is my excuse for the lack of blogging. Not that much has been happening.

The last year and a half has gone by faster than I ever thought imaginable. It's like time sped up when we left The Island. It's been nothing short of a whirlwind since that day in April 2009.

Stowa is 7 months old. Dude. SEVEN months old. She's an incredible little person. Not just because she's mine, but because she just is. She's got a little separation anxiety these days and does not like when I leave her side. I can't blame her though. I am pretty damn awesome. She's also got the "ma" sound down. Totally sounds like she's saying mama, but I know at this point it's babble. We're working on the "da" sound next. Or cat. Her love of the cats knows no bounds.

Itchy also had a birthday this week. He has entered the last year of his twenties. We didn't do much of anything but he did get a super shooty Wii game. He's had fun with that (once he figured out how to run).

In other news, my dad is having surgery as I type this. Hopefully he will get some relief from the back pain. Next week Stowa and I will travel to MN to help him get home from the hospital (the surgery is being done about 5 hours away from where he lives). Once we get him home we get to stay and visit for a while. Stowa gets to see her cousins. And Aunties. And grandparents. Should be fun.

And now Stowa is up from her nap. I should learn to type quieter.

No comments: