Thursday, May 20, 2010

Again?

FIL is coming back. Again. Memorial Day Weekend. It's just too soon. My brain is just starting to heal from the last visit. I'm still annoyed that I can't go to see my family that weekend. One of my nieces has her 5th grade graduation, a cousin is graduating from high school (I babysat him! I feel old), and another cousin (I babysat her too! Goodness gracious, I am old) is having a baby shower. It sucks that I can't go.

It was easier to deal with this stuff when we were on The Island. There was no chance that I could go. It was too expensive. It was too far away. The hassle of visas and international travel made it impossible. Now that we're here, we're so close and yet still so far. The disappointment is much greater.

My irrational side is also very annoyed that FIL gets to come and see the baby again and my family doesn't. It's not fair. Where's that whiny font when I need it?

2 comments:

Deb said...

You have just nailed the reasons I keep hoping Hubby's company gives us that international transfer they keep promising.

A's Mom said...

I say next time you put your foot down.